How about a list? I like lists.
Lisa’s Top 10
1. Happily married to my best friend and soul mate for 23 years.
2. Daughter, sister, aunt, step-mom, but sadly not a mom.
3. Retired teacher. 32 years in the classroom. Favorite grades = 2nd and 3rd.
4. I love Rockaway Beach on the Oregon Coast: the roar of the waves, the smell of the salt air, the colors of the sunset, the relaxed lifestyle, long walks on the beach, watching the boats go over the Tillamook Bay bar.
5. Foodie. I rarely will turn down a good steak with mushrooms, a lemon dessert, or ice cream. Fruit fan too: Opal apples, satsuma oranges, and watermelon. There is “eating to live” and “living to eat.” I am learning how to cook so I can “eat to live.” But I set $ aside so I can “live to eat” one more time at Alain Ducasse at Plaza Athenee in Paris and Thomas Keller’s The French Laundry in Napa, California.
6. Creative: voracious knitter, amateur photographer, creating cards and scrapbook pages, playing at interior design.
7. Love to visit new places. Memorable spots: Ephesus in Turkey; the Acropolis in Greece; lunch at Bar de la Mer in Marigot on St. Martin; prime meridian in Greenwich, England; Tu’Tu’Tun Lodge on the Rogue River in Gold Beach, Oregon; kayaking on Auk Bay in Juneau, Alaska; kayaking in the Geiranger fiord in Norway; Washington DC memorials at twilight.
8. I love to get lost in a book. My favorite author is Sandra Dallas. Historical fiction with strong female characters.
9. Must see TV: Downton Abbey, Top Chef, Survivor, Amazing Race, Grimm, Blue Bloods, Design Star. (Guilty pleasure TV: Real Housewives OC, BH, and NYC)
10. Conservative: clothing choices, values, political opinion.